Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Trees... PLANTED!

So we spent a hard afternoon planting the trees today here they are:

My peach a Redhaven:


Next is the Double Delicious (Stark Bro's own):


It has the thickest truck of the four trees.  Next is the Cortland I ordered as the final one's pollinator:


Sorry for it being blurry I couldn't get the camera still.  Now the final tree the one Silver wanted is a MacIntosh:


The Mac is the only one without any "baby" branches.  Though it has tons of unswollen buds on it so we'll see where it grows from.   It took us all after noon because we had dug a trench back when we had the track hoe a few years back and that was for the fruit trees.  Our soil is mostly clay here so it took forever to fill in around the trees after planting.

I mixed in the last bit of the composted sawdust some rabbit manure and one of the pot fulls of dirt that I had peppers growing in a year ago.  It made for some nice loose soil of the type we do have around here so they should have a nice start.

We're going to be covering the pathway between the apples with sawdust tickly to keep "weeds" down and prevent the blackberry bramble from taking over my trees.   I love the black berries but... I don't want them to take over the trees.

Be Well, Be Safe, and Blessed Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment