Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No Egg Chocolate cake...




OK now that I have your attention...


Yes this chocolate cake has no eggs in the recipe, I found it in a old cook book, copies with the blueish text; I think it was a church cookbook but I am not sure. The woman who contributed this recipe's name is Edythe Caskey and the recipe is as follows:
Sift:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 t soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 t salt
2 T cocoa

Into this mixture stir:
1T vinegar (it does not matter white or apple cider)
5T melted butter
1 cup cold water

Mix thoroughly and bake in oven 30 mins at 350 degrees.

Now the original recipe says to mix it in the pan you are going to bake in, and doesn't say to grease it so i did not the first time and it stuck. Which according to the original recipe says shouldn't happen. So this time I greased the pan and put it in a bunt pan (which I just got at the thrift store for $1). I do have to say this is a wonderful cake and it is fluffy and moist. this one I did today was a double batch, so play with it and see what you need. Also I used dark cocoa powder so I do not know how it will taste with normal cocoa.





BUY LOCALE!!!!!

This picture is of a quart jar of fresh honey and about a 1/4 lb of orange fudge. I bought the fudge for $1 and the honey for $10 today and found out the man who sells the honey is not far from me, but also he sells his product in our MFA store (Missouri Farm Association). The fudge was bought in a little bakery on Highway 5 going into Hartville, and we found out if you don't get to the bakery early almost everything is sold out. They serve breakfast and lunch and she wonderful smells just hit you when you walk in the door.

Be Well and Blessed Be...





2 comments:

  1. Riven,

    I am going to send this recipe to my relative who makes egg-less cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Today I'm going to try playing with it a bit and see what happens if I use Jello instead a friend of mine said sometimes she uses sugar free jello in place of cocoa

    ReplyDelete