Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

After the Rain

Well considering all the rain we have gotten I'm glad we didn't float away, however I think I saw a small boat full of animals pass us by grins. We have some sun so far today, I hope it drys up a bit here real soon. The pond we haven't finished digging out is now full of water and it almost got where the dogs are right now. Good thing Paris likes to swim...

In my garden the onions have shot up like you would not believe, and my peas are beginning to reach out at people. I hope they get taller instead of how lush they are. My cabbages seem very happy, as are the sprouts and Broccoli. My Elderberries are getting their secondary leaves, and I'm still waiting to see if the fig will come back. I do have a few volunteer plants. I think I mentioned the cucumbers coming up in my chives.. there are 2 now. I also seemed to have missed at least 1 potato last year as I see one coming up from where the compost pile , was. I have also discovered one of the Rhubab's that I planted last year and died -did- make it.

I have gotten my first 2 deliveries, one was some waterproof notebooks and pen, the second was my Stokes seeds order. The only concern I have is the bean seeds have Streptomycin coating them. I hope they will be “safe”. I do know I should probably wear gloves handling them even if they are as I am allergic to e-mycin the medication.

I am waiting with baited breath for my plants to come in, I can't wait to get them in the ground and it'll make me climb the walls till I see them here safe. I hope everyone is safe (during this weird weather) and dry hopefully.


Be Well, Be Safe, and Blessed Blessed Be...

2 comments:

  1. We're drying out, but we didn't get hit as badly as a lot of people did; only 6" of rain.

    You going to keep those volunteers where they are or try to move 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna keep them right where they are and see how they do.

    ReplyDelete