Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ugly day...

...Well...

Considering we spent half the day inside yesterday due to weather we were hoping to get out and get more work done today...

As of 11 am my outdoor thermometer is still reading 33 degrees... and its cloudy with the feel of rain in the air. while I know that here in Missouri the springs are rather rainy, I would like to get more than a couple hours of work done outside a day. silver looked at the forecast on the weather channel website and it says we might get snow on the 1st. Goodie.. at least I got my now growing potatoes covered:




This is what it looked like when I moved the straw covering a bit to check on it after the last snowfall we had a few days ago. Oh by the way... these potatoes I currently have sprouted are the ones that were from our eating bin not seed potatoes. They took a few weeks to sprout but they did and I am waiting to see the seed ones sprout still.




We bought 2 bales of straw for "just in case" when I received my tax refund, when I opened the one I started putting over the potatoes my girls asked if they could have some to play with. I told them sure have a handful... well they took more than that. My girls have a toy metal dump truck for outside that they stacked sections of the straw on and they totally took the bale apart. Well at least I now know if I need it taken apart to have my girls go at it... Oh well.

Yesterday we got a small surprise, we ordered my middle child's new glasses back on Friday and were told it would take a week for them to arrive. We got a call yesterday that they were in that was fast. So on the way back home we stopped at the farm store we got our chickens at, just to look (of course...). They didn't have many chicks left and we found out they will receive more tomorrow, so because I still want Jersey Giants we will check them out Friday before we call the Hatchery. If the store has them straight run I will buy them from the store, otherwise we will order some from Cackle. I also picked up some Rhubarb crowns while in the farm store and now I get to stare at the weather until I get a nice day so I can plant them... according to the planting instructions for this area now is the time to plant them. So I will keep an eye open for a good day and hope I can find a good spot for them.


Be Well and Blessed Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment