Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The GMO fight

In the last 2 days I have seen that there is now a lawsuit against Monsanto over their GMO crops read them here:




I say it is about time, this gives the public who MIGHT (NOT A DEFINITE) wind up with their fields being contaminated by the GMO pollen or an "accidental" spillage from a seed truck rumbling down the road. Monsanto won't be able to sue them. The GMO crops are not the same as others otherwise there would be no need for the patent... therefore those seeds should be treated as different, and if they got into someone else's crop totally by no fault of the farmer then the farmer in question should not have problems.

Personally I also think all products with GMO anything in them should be clearly labeled as such so a consumer who wants to make their own choices on it can. aside from the very infrequent times we eat out and the few times I do want a quick meal which might be once a month I make all my foods from scratch. I do know that to some people this is strange, and WOW... when I had some toast in a restaurant about a month ago I was shocked at the flavor of it. After eating only my own homemade sourdough bread commercial bread is not the same.

So I do think this lawsuit is a very good thing, and I do hope the organic farmers win this one for everyone!


Be Well and Blessed Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment