Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SEEDS!

I just placed an order for some of our seeds a few minutes ago from Seeds of Change, http://www.seedsofchange.com/default.aspx I like this company for seeds. I am planning to order from Baker Creek as well, but due to the lovely weather the last day; the money for seed buying has shrunk so I'm making do for now. I ordered:

Tiger's eye bush bean

Lemon cucumber

New Red Fire Lettuce

Hales best muskmelon

Dark Star summer squash

It does look like one or 2 of them are not current available but I am sure they will be very soon. As soon as my taxes can get done I do plan on ordering more seeds and stock up on tomatoes seeds so I have them for over winter. silver has grown tomatoes over winter before in New York and they had cherry tomatoes coming out of their ears then.


here is some info on the tiger's eye bean:

Tiger's Eye Bean
Phaseolus vulgaris
Heirloom
Tender Annual

(85-95 days) Gorgeous orange with dark-maroon swirling stripes. Similar in taste to a pinto bean, but creamier in texture. Easy to grow and harvest. Aslo eaten as a green snap bean.





I was so fascinated by this one the first time I found it, now I'm going to try growing them. I will keep everyone up to date on who they grown and their taste as well.




Be Well and Blessed Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment